If you are looking for a console gaming chair, but don't want to go the PC gaming chair route because of expense, or because you are someone who prefers to sit on the floor when gaming, then an X Rocker is the perfect gaming chair for you. These chairs use a built-in speaker system to deliver the game or movie audio directly to you. The open interior design of the chair responds to the bass, causing vibrations in the chair during peak moments of gameplay or movies. This interactive audio technology can make your gaming experience much more immersive, making you feel like you are part of the game.
X Rocker chairs are carefully designed to allow for rocking while you sit, much like a normal rocking chair. Use your X Rocker whenever you are sitting and relaxing, whether that is with a game, movie, book or just listening to music. You can adjust the volume and bass of the chair to match your exact preference, or even avoid using the audio at all if you prefer. If you don't want to feel the vibrations, you can turn the bass down and use your chair for just sitting and rocking.
The X Rocker 5172601 Surge audio gaming chair also has bluetooth built in - pair your favorite bluetooth device to connect to your audio wirelessly. The control panel has the option for input and output jacks as well, so you have the option to have a wired audio connection. The design of the chair is sleek and looks great in a gaming room or play room. The chair material is fabric and pleather, and the stitching and red accent piping make for an eye catching display.
This chair coming with bluetooth built-in is a huge selling point for us. X Rocker has other models that are priced higher than the Surge audio gaming chair, but that do not include bluetooth capability. Being able to connect to a device to listen to music via bluetooth while gaming is a big bonus. The dual 2.1 speaker system with subwoofer offers great audio quality and can get loud! (Want more from your speakers? Check out the X Rocker 51259 Pro H3 with 4.1 audio system).
Like all X Rocker audio gaming chairs, the Surge bluetooth chair offers a sleek ergonomic design for comfortable sitting while you game, watch a movie, read a book, or simply relax. The fabric and PU material looks great, and when you are done using your chair it can even be folded in half to save on space or to place out of the way.
- Built in bluetooth capability connects to most bluetooth enabled devices.
- Dual speaker system with subwoofer enriches audio gaming experience.
- Ergonomic, racing style design mimics other PC gaming chairs and is usually a big hit with kids.
- Chair is engineered to vibrate with the bass of your audio. Vibration can be controlled by adjusting the bass knob.
- Runs less expensive than other, similar models.
- Easy set up.
There isn't much to mention as far as cons go - This chair is pretty straightforward and on average is priced pretty well. Here are some complaints we found with customers.
- A bit heavy and difficult to move around. This is common with X Rocker audio gaming chairs as they are built sturdy.
- No catch to save you from falling backwards if you rock too hard.
- Option for "wireless" connectivity but not cordless. Cables still run to the TV, and requires a power cord connection.
- Material cheaper than more expensive options and may not hold out as long.
- Short power cord, consider getting an extension cable to use with any X Rocker you purchase.
Overall we are fond of this chair and would recommend it. The styling is great, the comfort level is good, the audio is decent for a 2.1 system, and it tends to run a bit less pricey than other similar models. One or two of these chairs would look excellent in a gaming room, and they are a big hit with kids due to the sleek design and racing-chair feel.
The drawbacks of this chair are all generally problems with X Rocker chairs, although the material of the 5172601 is not as nice as the vinyl material and plush of the X Rocker 51259 Pro H3. The only other concern would be if you are looking for a better audio system, which the H3 also possesses. If you can afford the extra buck we recommend the H3, otherwise the Surge is a great pick for a mid to low price option.
We give the X Rocker 5172601 Surge Bluetooth 2.1 Audio Gaming Chair 4 stars out of 5.