Anyone who has spent a prolonged period of time playing video games knows the importance of having a chair that is both comfortable and supportive. Gaming chairs have been designed with exactly that in mind. The most significant thing about gaming chairs is that they do not require much space. Basically, the idea behind the development of gaming chairs is to heighten your gaming experience, while at the same time giving you the needed comfort to ensure that you can spend as much or as little time as you want playing games. However, not all gaming chairs are created equal. To maximize your enjoyment, you will need to get your hands on a quality, well-designed gaming chair.
There are a number of things you have to consider when buying a gaming chair. We have compiled a list of things we think are important to keep in mind to ensure that you get to enjoy an amazing gaming experience while sitting comfortably and in style.
- Our bodies are not all designed the same. What may perfectly fit one person may not work at all for another person. With this in mind, you will be needing an adjustable chair. You should be able to lower or raise the height of the chair as needed. Aside from being able to raise or lower the chair, an adjustable chair should offer you the opportunity to adjust the recline, armrests, neck support, lumbar support, and any other movable parts.
- Lumbar support. If you have ever played a game all night with an inferior chair, you will almost definitely have felt the effects the next morning. Without proper lumbar support, even a casual gaming session can leave your back feeling stiff and sore. Your gaming chair should be able to provide support for your back while at the same time making it easy to maintain correct posture. Depending on the type of chair you opt for, some gaming chairs may have lumbar support built directly into the chairs, while others may come with adjustable lumbar support.
- You definitely will not want to invest your hard-earned money in a gaming chair that has a higher chance of breaking apart in almost no time. An ideal gaming chair should be made with faux or PU leather because they are easy to clean and provide high durability. Additionally, a good gaming chair should be made with quality materials in the support structure that will last tens of thousands of hours without bending or breaking.
- This is one of the most important factors you have to consider when choosing a gaming chair. It should come as no surprise that there is a wide range of prices for gaming chairs on the market. You can find chairs for as little as $100, all the way up to $2000 or more. Having a clear budget in mind will ensure that you make the right decision when choosing a gaming chair.
Best Gaming Chairs Of 2019
- Secretlab Omega Gaming Chair
The Secretlab Omega gaming chair is proof that there are manufacturers that have paid close attention to the needs of their consumers. This is actually one of the most enhanced and advanced gaming chairs in the world at the moment. The armrests, lift mechanism, base, casters, and seat back have been well-designed to give you additional comfort as you enjoy your game.
This gaming chair has been designed with an incredible Prime 2.0 PU leather that has been designed in such a way that it is capable of lasting about four times longer than the regular PU leather. Reports have revealed that the standard of this chair is higher than the regular gaming chair standard the industry has seen. The all-internal metal mechanism accompanied by a 4D armrest will help improve your resting position, ensuring that you are comfortable throughout your gaming session.
For lumbar support, this gaming chair comes with two memory foam pillows. Based on industry standards, the memory pillows used in the making of this gaming chair are second to none.
- Extremely comfortable
- Made with top quality materials
- Has great back support
- The lumbar cushion does not attach to the chair
- Noblechairs HERO Gaming Chair
This is another quality pick. The only real downside to this chair is that it might be too big. If you’re on the shorter side, you might be better off with a smaller chair; however, if you find that you have trouble finding a chair that’s large enough for you, then you need look no further. The Noblechairs HERO is a perfect fit for anyone 6’ and up.
When it comes to the material used in making this advanced gaming chair, experts have revealed that it is capable of lasting for much longer than average. Even better, aside from the standard PU leather, this chair is one of the only on the market that can be ordered with real leather. One of the best things about this chair is that it has been designed in such a way that gamers can actually move it with almost no resistance, yet it does not move in such a way that gamers will feel out of control.
- Ideal for tall gamers
- Made with real leather
- The real leather option makes it somewhat pricey
- DXRacer OH/FD01 Formula Gaming Chair
DXRacer has enjoyed extreme popularity with Twitch streamers over the years, and for good reason. One of the interesting things about this gaming chair is that it comes in a number of colors, meaning that you get to choose which best suits you. Interestingly, the OH/FD01 Formula series gaming chair is made with a combination of mesh and polyurethane leather, which is capable of lasting for a long period of time.
According to the manufacturers of this gaming chair, it has been designed to give you overall comfort and durability as you enjoy your game. Some of the other features of this gaming chair include: adjustable gas spring, adjustable 3D armrest, neck headrest, lumbar support, and flexibility of seat. With a high density foam seat and relatively low weight, this chair packs a big punch in a small package.
- Highly durable
- It is made of quality materials
- Adjustable lumbar cushion and headrest
- May be too small for some gamers
- Corsair T2 Gaming Chair
One of the appealing features of the Corsair T2 Road Warrior gaming chair is that it has a simple and elegant design, while at the same time giving you amazing neck, back, and lumbar support. This gaming chair is made with PU leather that boasts great comfort and breathability.
Like the DXRacer Formula gaming chair, the Corsair T2 has been designed in different colors giving you the opportunity to choose which suits you; however, unlike the Formula chair, the Corsair T2 Road Warrior is much more suitable for larger gamers. The wheels have been designed to allow smooth movement irrespective of the type of flooring material used to floor the room, so you can make sure the chair is always right where you want it.
- Has an excellent build quality
- It is very comfortable
- Fully customizable 4D armrests
- Assembly can be a bit tricky
- Edge GX1 Gaming Chair
When thinking about gaming chairs, one word that rarely comes to mind is “luxury”. Not so with the Edge GX1. This chair is quite unique when compared to other gaming chairs. If you’re looking for a more comfortable gaming chair, you’d be hard pressed to find one. Out of all the chairs on this list, the GX1 is certainly a cut above.
However, that comfort comes at a price. While there’s no doubt that it’s an incredible chair, a steep $1100 price tag is why this gaming chair comes in at number 5 for us. If your budget has room for this chair, you probably won’t be able to find anything better. Unfortunately, most of us can’t justify the expense.
- Unparalleled comfort
- Made with top quality materials
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- One of the more expensive chairs available
Without a doubt, there are a wide range of gaming chairs to meet all budgets and requirements. However, we’re confident that any of the choices we’ve presented here will be one that you will be satisfied with for years to come.